Summer Student Employment Program
Mayor Anthony Copeland has officially announced the 2019 Summer Student Employment Program . This popular summer program, funded by the City of East Chicago and Department of Redevelopment, will provide meaningful work experience for approximately 100 students this summer.
This year, SSEP will be an eight week program starting on June 17, 2019 ending on Friday, August 9, 2019. Participants will work 28 hours a week earning $7.25 to $10 per hour depending on the job title. The City of East Chicago is seeking several positions including Lifeguards, Recreation Leaders, Basket Attendants, and Laborers.
No clerical positions. View the Summer Employment page for more information.
School City Of East Chicago
Thank you for considering employment with the School City of East Chicago. Please allow yourself approximately 30 minutes to apply for the position or positions for which youre interested in. Prior to starting this process, you will need the following information: educational certification, references, and any work history information prior to beginning your application process. Responses will not be processed or saved unless the application is completed in its entirety.
Please note that you have the ability to electronically attach resumes, transcripts, and reference materials to this on-line application. A position does not need to be open for you to apply, as we keep all applications on file for two years. Applications on file can be reviewed by the administration when an opening occurs.
Again, thank you for considering employment with the School city of East Chicago! School City of East Chicago does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, or age in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment.
For further information about this policy, contact: School City of East Chicago Human Resource Department 219-391-4100.
Verify City Of Chicago Employees
Truework allows you to complete employee, employment and income verifications faster. The process is simple and automated, and most employees are verified within 24 hours. Verifiers love Truework because its never been easier and more streamlined to verify an employee,learn more here.
The information on this page is not an endorsement of Truework’s services by City of Chicago and is meant to be purely informational.Disclaimer
number of employees
Read Also: Doubletree By Hilton Hotel Chicago
Snapshot Of Cook County Government
- Cook County employs over 22,000 employees who work in a variety of skilled jobs and trades.
- Health Care Cook County established the nations first blood bank in 1937. Cook County Hospital was the first to have a dedicated unit for trauma services. Today our healthcare system treats more cancer patients than any other provider in the metropolitan area.
- Technology Cook Countys Bureau of Technology provides technology support to Cook County offices and employees, with its wide area network providing service to more than 120 municipalities.
- Courts Cook County oversees one of the nations largest unified criminal and civil justice system, and administers the largest single jail site in the country.
- Highway Cook County maintains almost 600 miles of roads and highways.
- Land Cook County assesses the value of more than 1.5 million parcels of taxable land, and collects and distributes tax funds as a service for local government taxing bodies.
- Safety Cook County provides vital services to local government, from conducting elections in suburban areas to offering 911 services in unincorporated areas and municipalities.
Join Our Team At West Chicago
The City of West Chicago maintains a strong culture of high quality customer service. It prides itself on the delivery of prompt, efficient and friendly service throughout the organization. Employees of the City have a strong sense of teamwork, making one of our greatest strengths the ability to pool our resources and fulfill our mission of providing residents, businesses and visitors with outstanding service at all times.
If that culture sounds exciting to you, and you are seeking a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package that includes a choice of PPO or HMO health, vision and dental plans and membership in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund , please visit our jobs page to check out current openings.
You may contact Human Resources Coordinator Carol LeBeau by e-mail at or 293-2200 ext. 137.
Read Also: Courtyard By Marriott Chicago Midway Airport
Bga Posts City Of Chicago’s ‘do
BGA Posts City of Chicago’s ‘Do-Not-Hire’ List
The problem, according to official government watchdogs such as Chicago IG Joe Ferguson and Shakman monitor Noelle Brennan, is that some branches of local government don’t honor the list in their hiring decisions. And others don’t pay attention to it. As a result, there’s a bit too much “Chicago Way” and not enough “New Way” in this endeavor. So in the spirit of transparency, accountability and our unwavering commitment to making “better government” a reality, the BGA filed a Freedom of Information Act request to obtain the entire “do-not-hire” list and we’re publishing it via Document Cloud so no public official can claim that he or she didn’t see the list before hiring someone who’s lost his or her right to be paid with our tax dollars.
What We Do
The Office of Human Resources works with City departments, agencies, boards, and commissions to attract and keep a talented and diverse workforce for the City of Philadelphia.
The City employs over 25,000 people in more than 1,000 different job categories. We are committed to developing careers that make a difference in the lives of others.
- Promotes employee growth and development.
- Ensures a supportive work environment.
- Provides education and training programs.
- Manages employee benefits.
- Makes sure employees understand City policies.
We partner with:
|1401 John F. Kennedy Blvd.15th Floor|
- 10:00 am to 10:30 am×October 26, 202110:00 am to 10:30 am, 30 minsJoin Zoom Meetinghttps://us02web.zoom.us/j/83046373115?pwd=d1ZGYXZKQU16Q0ordmlvek1NTS80dz09Meeting ID: 830 4637 3115Passcode: 102621One tap mobile+12678310333,,83046373115#,,,,*102621# US +13126266799,,83046373115#,,,,*102621# US Dial by your location +1 267 831 0333 US +1 312 626 6799 US +1 929 205 6099 US +1 301 715 8592 US +1 346 248 7799 US Meeting ID: 830 4637 3115Passcode: 102621Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbrOxJb33U
Recommended Reading: Taste Of Chicago 2021 Location