Chicago To San Jose Cabo Flight Schedule
Scan through flights from O’Hare International Airport to Los Cabos International Airport for the upcoming week. Sort the list by any column, and click on a dollar sign to see the latest prices available for each flight.
Flights.com only offers pricing for airlines that display a check fare on the days of the week each flight is available. A dot indicates a flight is scheduled, but online booking is not currently available.
Airport Distances & Flight Duration Information
- The average flight time from Chicago to Cabo San Lucas is 4 hours 35 minutes
- Distance from Chicago to Cabo San Lucas is 1,837 miles / 2,956 km
- Chicago is served by 3 airports Chicago Midway International Airport , Chicago O’Hare International Airport , Chicago Rockford International Airport
- Cabo San Lucas is served by 0 airports
Be prepared, as flight times can change depending on many factors such as, weather condition, wind speed, flight pathand congestion in the air. Due to these factors the actual flight time could be less than 24 minutes but on occasion could be longer than the stated time.
Easy Booking With Linear Air
1. FIND YOUR AIRPORTS
Simply enter your flight search above for destinations in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, the Caribbean and Europe. For more help on flight searches, please see How It Works. Air taxis fly to 10x more airports than airlines. Your search will help you find the closest one to you!
2. SELECT YOUR PLANE
Once you’ve searched above, select your flight. Choose your aircraft type: luxury jet, business-class turbo-prop, or affordable air taxi: based on number of seats, speed, and non-stop range. And the entire plane is yours!
3. SHARE SEATS & SAVE
Don’t Miss: Romantic Boat Rides In Chicago
How To Get From Chicago To Cabo San Lucas By Plane
Taking a flight is the fastest and easiest way to get from Chicago to Cabo San Lucas. In order to find the best deal, use our online booking service.
There are regular flights departing from Chicago to Cabo San Lucas so there are many options to choose from. Keep in mind, however, that a plane is a relatively expensive means of transportation. If you want to secure the best deal, its better to book a ticket in advance. Its also a good idea to plan far ahead if travelling around popular travel seasons.
Ord To Sjd Flight Details
Distance and aircraft type by airline for flights from O’Hare International Airport to Los Cabos International Airport.
- Delta Air Lines – with 60 direct flights between Chicago and San Jose Cabo monthly
- American Airlines – with 270 direct flights between ORD and SJD monthly
- Aeromexico – with 30 direct flights between Chicago and San Jose Cabo monthly
- United Airlines – with 210 direct flights between ORD and SJD monthly
- Southwest Airlines – with 30 direct flights between Chicago and San Jose Cabo monthly
- American Airlines – lists, on average, 9 flights departing before 12:00pm, where the first departure from ORD is at 05:15AM and the last departure before noon is at 10:00AM
- United Airlines – has about 6 flights before noon, starting with the earliest at 06:00AM PST and the latest 10:40AM PST
- Southwest Airlines – lists, on average, 1 flights departing before 12:00pm, where the first departure from ORD is at 06:00AM and the last departure before noon is at 06:00AM
- Aeromexico – lists, on average, 1 flights departing before 12:00pm, where the first departure from ORD is at 06:00AM and the last departure before noon is at 06:00AM
- Delta Air Lines – lists, on average, 2 flights departing before 12:00pm, where the first departure from ORD is at 06:00AM and the last departure before noon is at 06:00AM
How Long Does It Take To Get From Chicago To Cabo San Lucas By Plane
Traveling by plane guarantees the fastest time to get from Chicago to Cabo San Lucas. The estimated Chicago to Cabo San Lucas travel time is 4h 29m. Keep in mind, however, that getting to the airport, checking-in, and passing through security checks will take some time – its better to come to the airport at least an hour in advance if you are flying domestically and two hours in advance if it is an international flight.
The trip duration from Chicago and Cabo San Lucas is more or less the same whichever airline you choose to fly.
Travelling By Air Essentials
- The earlier you buy your flight tickets the higher are chances to grab the best airfare. Nothing new here.
- Low-cost airlines are a great budget-friendly way to travel but you should keep in mind that many of them use secondary airports located either farther from the centre or less conveniently. If you plan to use connecting flights, always check whether they are operated to/from the same airport.
- Many budget air-carriers do not include any checked-in luggage or inflight meals into your air ticket price. It pays to check in advance what is included and what is not.
- Online check-in is now a must with many low-cost airlines. Otherwise you will have to pay extra for the airport check-in.
- If you are travelling in a group and want to seat together, it is a good idea to pay for choosing the seats option. Otherwise the system will assign you seats scattered around the cabin. Yes, sounds unfair but it is what you will most probably get.
- Blankets are usually not distributed on short haul flights but air-conditioning may be excessive. So pack layers to feel comfortable.
- Do not throw away your boarding pass after boarding it may be required to show it at immigration at your destination.
Also Check: Fancy Restaurants In Chicago With A View
Chicago To Cabo San Lucas Flight Time Distance Route Map
Flight time from Chicago, United States to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico is 3 hours 40 minutes under avarage conditions. Our flight time calculator assumes an average flight speed for a commercial airliner of 500 mph, which is equivalent to 805 km/hr or 434 knots. Actual flight times may vary depending on aircraft type, cruise speed, routing, weather conditions, passenger load, and other factors.
Best Of Cabo San Lucas
Join a boat tour to see the world-famous Land’s End, a massive cluster of awe-inspiring rock formations, including the signature Arch. Check out the shops and boutiques the area is known for, like the popular Puerto Paraiso and Marina Cabo San Lucas. Explore the nearby El Vizcaíno Biosphere Reserve, a wildlife sanctuary that is home to many rare species, including whales.
Recommended Reading: 211 E Ohio St Chicago
Best Rated Companies For This Route
The route from Chicago to Cabo San Lucas is operated by the following airlines: American Airlines, United Airlines. Most travellers who bought air tickets for this route with us, opted for . Yet all the carriers we offer enjoy good reputation and provide decent service.
Before booking your flight ticket, always check what is included into the airfare. Remember that checked luggage may or may not be included. Luggage allowance and carry-on luggage dimensions also differ from carrier to carrier. Budget airlines may require online check-in and make you pay for any extras like choosing your seat or onboard meals.
What Are The Covid
Read Also: Hotels To Stay In Chicago
Cheap Flights From Chicago To Los Cabos
Chicago OHare International Airport is accessible by taxi, Pace bus, the L line or Metra train.
Flightsfrom ORD to Los Cabos International Airport usually last for just over four hours. Before your flight to SJD, book your taxi from the airport in advance to save time and money on your trip.
Attractions and Tips
If your trip occurs from December through March, those are prime months for whale watching. Many specialty companies run trips where tourists go to places where they’ll be most likely to spot the creatures up close.
Also, look for the Church of San Lucas. It’s almost three centuries old, but has been kept up very well. Alternatively, the Cultural Center features a mirador tower that overlooks the area.
This area is sometimes threatened by hurricanes. You may want to avoid planning a trip for late summer, since that’s when they’re most common. However, even in the winter, the water can remain as warm as 70 degrees Fahrenheit. If you’re a surfing enthusiast, expect to catch some good waves. Hotels near the marina are common, but they’re usually pricier than options further away.
Book Flight Tickets From Chicago O’hare International To Cabo San Lucas With Extra Peace Of Mind
Back in 2020, most airlines introduced policies to make travel during COVID-19 as easy as possible. The worst of the pandemic is now over, but some of these policies remain in place for you to take advantage of as you fly between Chicago O’Hare International-Cabo San Lucas and other routes.
- Find flexible getaways. Some airlines introduced flexible booking policies in 2020 and many of these are still available. If you book a flexible plane ticket from Chicago O’Hare International to Cabo San Lucas, it means your money is still safe if your flights are changed or cancelled due to COVID-19.
- Stay in the know. From testing to entry requirements, make sure youve read up on what travel restrictions apply for Cabo San Lucas before your flight. Well even keep you updated in real-time via email if youd prefer.
Don’t Miss: Used Car Lots In Chicago
How Much Does It Cost To Get From Chicago To Cabo San Lucas
There are a few ways to secure the cheapest airline tickets. Here are several hints on how to grab the best deals for flying from Chicago to Cabo San Lucas:
- Getting the cheapest air ticket is possible during the airlines sale period. Discounts can be quite huge, but you have to monitor good deals constantly.
- Buy an air ticket with a low-cost airline. There are airlines that position themselves as low-cost carriers. Their tickets can be quite cheap – bear in mind though that the departure time can be inconvenient.
- Buy a ticket straight at the airport. This is the least convenient way to get a plane ticket. A same day Chicago to Cabo San Lucas ticket price is usually higher than the one you get if booking in advance.
What Is The Cheapest Day To Fly
With the right attitude and flexibility, you can fly for less. Below are the cheapest days to fly:
- Tuesday and WednesdayYou know how most stores are not crowded midweek? Same thing here. Most people opt to depart at the beginning or end of the week.
- Thursday and SaturdayGet a head start on that Friday crowd. This also works on your return flight. Shorten your vacay by a day and increase your savings.
- Monday through ThursdayIf you’re flying internationally, deals are often available when departing these days.
You May Like: Top Strip Clubs In Chicago
What Is The Flight Distance Between Chicago And Cabo San Lucas
The flight distance from Chicago to Cabo San Lucas is 1837 miles. This is equivalent to 2955 kilometers or 1595 nautical miles. The calculated distance is the straight line distance or direct flight distance between cities. The distance between cities calculated based on their latitudes and longitudes. This distance may be very much different from the actual travel distance. The nearest airport to Chicago, is Merrill C Meigs Field and the nearest airport to Cabo San Lucas, is Los Cabos Airport .
Book Flights From Chicago To Cabo San Lucas With Peace Of Mind
Back in 2020, most airlines introduced policies to make travel during COVID-19 as easy as possible. The worst of the pandemic is now over, but some of these policies remain in place for you to take advantage of as you fly from Chicago to Cabo San Lucas.
- Find flexible flight tickets. Some airlines put in place flexible booking policies in 2020 and many of these are still available. If you book a flexible ticket from Chicago-Cabo San Lucas, it means your money is still safe if your flights are changed or canceled due to COVID-19.
- Choose travel cost protection that covers COVID-19, too. It’s available at the checkout as you book your flight to Cabo San Lucas from Chicago with us.
- Keep track of travel regulations. From testing to entry requirements, make sure you have read up on the latest restrictions before your flight from Chicago to Cabo San Lucas.
Don’t Miss: How Long Is Flight From Dallas To Chicago
American Airlines Flight Schedule From Chicago To San Jose Del Cabo
All weekly departures with American Airlines. The week calendar shows every flight departure from Chicago to San Jose Del Cabo . Click on a blue date to see a list of flights.
Why Travel During The Off
Off-peak and shoulder seasons are when most people aren’t going to certain locations. So when it is cold, most people head off to warmer climates like the Caribbean, Mexico, Hawaii, etc., just like our feathered friends. But during the summer months, you’ll find that Europe is really popular. You can usually save on your ticket when you avoid flying during the peak seasons.
You May Like: Teacup Yorkie For Sale Chicago
How To Find Cheap Flights From Chicago O’hare International To Cabo San Lucas
Looking for cheap flight tickets from Chicago O’Hare International to Cabo San Lucas? Skyscanner compares flight prices across more than 1,200 airlines and travel providers.
Regardless of whether you’re looking for a one-way ticket from Chicago O’Hare International to Cabo San Lucas or a return flight, here are some tips to secure the best flight price and make planning your journey as smooth as possible.
What Is The Hotwire Hot Rate
We think the Hotwire Hot Rate is one of the best deals out there, although we may be slightly biased. It’s one of our ways to help get you a fantastic price on your flight from Chicago to Cabo San Lucas . You won’t find out the time and airline until after you book, but it is a risk where you can reap the rewards.
Read Also: Train From Chicago To Atlanta
Traveling To Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas is the showstopper of Mexicos Baja Peninsula, with world-class resorts, dining, and outdoor recreation. Dont worry about breaking your budget for your vacation. Spirit Airlines offers great flight deals to Cabo San Lucas so you can focus on creating memories, not spending money, during your trip.
Cabo San Lucas Mexico
Cabo San Lucas, or simply Cabo, is a resort city at the southern tip of the Baja California Peninsula, in the Mexican state of Baja California Sur. As of 2015, the population of the city was 81,111 inhabitants. Cabo San Lucas together with San José del Cabo is known as Los Cabos. Together they form a metropolitan area of 305,983 inhabitants. – Wikipedia
Things to do in Cabo San Lucas
Recommended Reading: The Westin Chicago North Shore
How To Find Cheap Flights From Chicago To Cabo San Lucas
Looking for the cheapest airfare from Chicago to Cabo San Lucas? Regardless of whether you’re flying one-way or return, here are a few tips on how to secure the best ticket price and make your flight journey as smooth as possible.
- Simply hit ‘search’. From American Airlines to international carriers like British Airways, we compare all major airlines along with the most popular online travel agents to find the cheapest plane tickets from Chicago to Cabo San Lucas. And with us there are no hidden fees – what you see is what you pay.
- Flex your dates to find the best CHI-CSL flight fares. If you are flexible when it comes to your travel dates, use Skyscanner’s ‘Whole month’ tool to find the cheapest month, and even day to fly to Cabo San Lucas from Chicago.
- Set up a Price Alert. You can easily track the price of your Chicago-Cabo San Lucas ticket by creating an alert. Whenever flight prices go down or up, you’ll get an email or push notification to help make sure you get the best deal.
- Fly non-stop between Chicago and Cabo San Lucas. Only interested in direct flights? Make sure to tick ‘Non-stop flights only’ when performing a search. If there are direct flights available on the route, these will appear in the results.
Visiting Cabo San Lucas
Laid-back and beautiful, Mexicos San José del Cabo offers plenty of chances for you and your herd to unwind. Within easy reach of the hive of activity at Cabo San Lucas, San José offers a more peaceful vibe. Sign up for Frontier Airlines Discount Den, and get great deals for the entire family on flights to San José del Cabo!
Family-Friendly San José del Cabo
Stroll through the colonial heart of San José del Cabo, admiring colourful, colonial architecture like the Mission of San José del Cabo Church. Watch the world go by at the Main Square, soak up the views from the marina, lap up art in the small galleries, and let the kids scamper on the nearby sandy beaches. Facing the Sea of Cortez, local beaches are home to lots of wildlife, including whales, turtles, and sea birds.
Getting Around San José del Cabo
The historic center is very walkable. To explore beyond the downtown area, check your accommodations shuttle service or consider renting a car. Book your flight to San José del Cabo with Frontier Airlines today! For added perks while your travel, upgrade to THE WORKS.
Don’t Miss: Chicago Dental Studio River North