Chicago To Sydney Flight Schedule
Scan through flights from O’Hare International Airport to Sydney Airport for the upcoming week. Sort the list by any column, and click on a dollar sign to see the latest prices available for each flight.
Flights.com only offers pricing for airlines that display a check fare on the days of the week each flight is available. A dot indicates a flight is scheduled, but online booking is not currently available.
Plan Your Perfect Australia Trip With Skyscanner Australia
Skyscanner is a leading global travel search engine comparing flight prices from all the major airlines and online travel agents like Expedia, Cheap Flights, Jetstar, Virgin Australia, Tigerair etc. Hence you don’t have to check multiple websites to find the cheapest flights from Chicago to Australia. Join the 70million travellers who are inspired to plan, compare and book from millions of travel options with us. We are unbiased, no hidden charges, no added fees. You can trust us to find the best and cheapest Chicago to Australia flights.
Our rating on Product Review
Experience The Urban Charm Of The Windy City
Chicago, the Windy City, is filled to the brim with exciting sights and experiences. One of Chicagos most famous features is its glorious skyline, which is especially awe-inspiring when viewed from the lake. While on the waterfront, you can also enjoy a Ferris wheel ride at Navy Pier. If youd like to catch your breath and relax, why not take a stroll through one of the citys many parks, like Lincoln Park or Millenium Park? For those looking for some excellent shopping, head to Magnificent Mile, which is one of the most famous shopping districts in the US.
Chicago also offers stunning sights for architecture lovers and history fans there are plenty of prestigious museums where you can learn all about the US railways, the notorious gangsters of the 1920s, including Al Capone, and much more. When in town, you can also enjoy some excellent jazz music while dining in one of the citys cosy restaurants. You could also enjoy a birds eye view of the city from the observation deck of the Willis Tower the second tallest building in the US.
You May Like: I Survived The Great Chicago Fire
When Is The Best Time To Book From Chicago To Sydney
- Make sure youre getting the best price for your flight tickets. Find the best time to book from Chicago to Sydney by checking our best time to book tool.
- Track the price of your plane tickets to Sydney by signing up to Skyscanner Price Alerts.
- If youre flexible on when to travel, use Skyscanners ‘whole month’ search tool to find the cheapest day to travel.
- Looking for last minute flights? Learn how to find last minute deals for your trip to Sydney.
Save With Cheap Travel Deals
Be the first to hear about exclusive discounted travel deals and travel inspiration to help you plan your next getaway
We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of our Country throughout Australia and recognise their ongoing connection to lands, waters and communities. We pay our respect to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Elders past, present and future, and support the continuation of cultural, spiritual and educational practices.
Read Also: Hawaii To Chicago Flight Time
At More Than 17 Hours Australia
Settle in for a long flight a new route connecting Chicago and Brisbane, Australia, is set to become the longest nonstop flight operated out of Chicagos OHare International Airport.
Starting April 20, Qantas will begin flying between Chicago and Brisbane, Australias third-largest city, four times per week. The Australia-bound flights will last 17 hours and 20 minutes, departing Chicago at 9:50 p.m. and arriving in Brisbane at 6:10 a.m., two days later. Chicago-bound flights, running 16 hours and 10 minutes, will take off at 3:30 p.m. and land at 4:40 p.m. Chicago time.
That will be a new record for OHare. The Chicago Department of Aviation said the route between Brisbane and Chicago will be more than 700 miles longer than the 15- to 16-hour flight to Auckland that is currently OHares longest direct flight.
It will also be the fourth-longest worldwide, according to Qantas.
Qantas said it plans to use Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft with 236 seats in business, premium economy and economy classes.
Ever since we took delivery of our first Dreamliner, weve wanted to take advantage of the aircrafts extended range to launch a new service to Chicago, Qantas International Acting CEO Naren Kumar said in a news release.
Book Your Flight From Chicago To Sydney With Peace Of Mind During Covid
- Check airline safety scores. From mandatory masks to social distancing, you can now see the measures major airlines are taking on their flights from Chicago to Sydney to keep you safe. Just search to see for yourself.
- Book smarter stays. Check out the hotels in Sydney with sparkling 5/5 cleanliness ratings, or bag a room with free cancellation.
- Find flexible getaways. Some airlines now have flexible ticket policies, so you wont lose out if your flight has to be changed or cancelled. If there are any cheap flights from Chicago to Sydney with a flexible booking policy, you’ll see these clearly when you search.
- Get insured. Choose travel cost protection that covers COVID-19, too. It’s available as you book your Sydney flights with us. Get an instant quote and 24-hour support, wherever you are.
Don’t Miss: Flights From Mco To Chicago
Flying Time From Chicago Il To Melbourne Australia
The total flight duration from Chicago, IL to Melbourne, Australia is 19 hours, 51 minutes.
This assumes an average flight speed for acommercial airliner of 500 mph, which is equivalent to 805 km/hor 434 knots. It also adds an extra 30 minutes for take-off andlanding. Your exact time may vary depending on wind speeds.
If you’re planning a trip, remember to add moretime for the plane to taxi between the gate and the airport runway.This measurement is only for the actual flying time. You should alsofactor in airport wait times and possible equipment or weather delays.If you’re trying to figure out what time you’ll arriveat the destination, you may want to see if there’s atime difference between Chicago, IL and Melbourne, Australia.
The calculation of flight time is based on thestraight line distance from Chicago, IL to Melbourne, Australia , which is about 9,674 miles or 15569 kilometers.
Your trip begins in Chicago, Illinois.It ends in Melbourne, Australia.
Your flight direction from Chicago, IL to Melbourne, Australia is West .
The flight time calculator measures the averageflight duration between points. It uses the great circle formulato compute the travel mileage.
Book Your Austrian Airlines Flight To Chicago With Peace Of Mind
- Check Austrian Airlines safety scores. From mandatory masks to social distancing, you can now see the measures major airlines are taking on their flights to Chicago to keep you safe. Start searching to see for yourself.
- Book smarter stays. Check out the hotels in Chicago with sparkling 5/5 cleanliness ratings, or bag a room with free cancellation.
- Find flexible flights. Some airlines now have flexible ticket policies so you wont lose out if your flight has to be changed or cancelled. If there are any Austrian Airlines flights to Chicago with a flexible booking policy, you’ll see these clearly when you search.
- Get COVID-19 insurance.Want travel protection that covers COVID-19 too? It’s available as you book your Austrian Airlines flights with us. Get an instant quote and 24-hour support, wherever you are.
You May Like: Houses For Sale South Side Chicago
Qantas Launch Direct Flights From Brisbane To Chicago Starting April 20 2020
- The Qantas Dreamliner 787 business class cabin.
- The business class cabin on board the Qantas Dreamliner. Photo: Craig Platt
- The first Qantas Dreamliner has been named ‘Great Southern Land’. Photo: Craig Platt
- The new premium economy class.
- The Qantas Dreamliner features a new premium economy seat larger than its previous version seen on the Airbus A380.
- The new premium economy cabin. Photo: Craig Platt
- The Qantas Dreamliner features the most efficient engines in the sky. Photo: Craig Platt
- The landing gear on the first Qantas Dreamliner. Photo: Craig Platt
- The Dreamliner offers significantly larger windows that other aircraft, with electonic dimmers. Photo: Craig Platt
- Economy class seats offer a little more legroom than the A380.
- There are 166 economy class seats on board.
- The Qantas Dreamliner economy class cabin. Photo: Craig Platt
- Qantas captain Lisa Norman and CEO Alan Joyce in the cockpit of the 787 Dreamliner during its delivery to the airline at the Boeing factory near Seattle. Photo: Brent Winstone
- Qantas Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner arrives in Sydney for the first time. Photo: Supplied
- The first Qantas Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner performs a flyover of Sydney during its delivery flight. Photo: Supplied
Book Your Emirates Flight To Chicago With Peace Of Mind
- Check Emirates safety scores. From mandatory masks to social distancing, you can now see the measures major airlines are taking on their flights to Chicago to keep you safe. Start searching to see for yourself.
- Book smarter stays. Check out the hotels in Chicago with sparkling 5/5 cleanliness ratings, or bag a room with free cancellation.
- Find flexible flights. Some airlines now have flexible ticket policies so you wont lose out if your flight has to be changed or cancelled. If there are any Emirates flights to Chicago with a flexible booking policy, you’ll see these clearly when you search.
You May Like: Art Institute Of Chicago Modern Wing Entrance
Other Flights To Sydney
Fare, taxes & fees: Fares include all taxes and fees, except baggage fees. Rates shown reflect fares found by other Orbitz users over the past 7 days. Due to rapidly changing airline prices & seat availability, these fares may no longer be available.
How To Find Cheap Flights To Chicago With Emirates
- Simply hit ‘search’. We’ve compared every online travel agent and flight provider out there to find the cheapest Emirates flight tickets to Chicago. And with us, there are no added fees what you see is what you pay.
- Change your dates for the best rates. If youre flexible on your departure dates, choose whole month when you search for flights. This shows you the cheapest month or even the cheapest day to get flights to Chicago with Emirates.
- Set up a Price Alert. We’ll let you know when the price of your flight to Chicago goes up or down so you can book when the time is just right. You’re even able to watch specific Emirates flights.
Don’t Miss: Roller Skate Shops In Chicago
How Long Does It Take To Fly From Chicago Il To Sydney
There are very few non-stop flights from Chicago, Il to Sydney. Therefore, you’ll have to take connecting flights. In such cases, flight time depend on the stopover destination specified by your airline or the one you choose while booking your ticket.
Fastest one-stop flight between Chicago, Il and Sydney takes close to 21 hours . However, some airlines could take as long as 48 hours based on the stopover destination and waiting duration.
Waiting time at intermediate airports could be anywhere between 42 mins to 24 hrs .
No Custom Content.
What Safety Measures Are Being Taken By Airlines Flying From Chicago To Australia To Control The Spread Of Covid
Etihad Airways is one of the many airlines that have implemented additional safety measures to control the spread of COVID-19. Some of the new policies that have been implemented to accommodate travelers flying from Chicago to Australia are improved sanitation, HEPA filters, mask requirements, social distance seating , and pre-flight testing for antibodies and symptoms. Policies will vary by airline.
Recommended Reading: Single Family Homes For Rent In Chicago
Why To Use Flight Search On Maplandiacom
Millions of routes
We compare offers from all major airlines, including the budget carriers. Find always the cheapest flight.
When you find a deal you want, you are redirected to book directly with the airline or travel agent. No middlemen.
No hidden charges, no added fees
The price you see is the price on the airline’s site. Remember: you are always booking directly with the airline or travel agent.
Destinations in Australia reachable from Chicago
All Nippon Airways Mileage Club
Another top choice for flying to Australia is using All Nippon Airwayss loyalty program, ANA Mileage Club. ANA Mileage Club consistently gets raving reviews, whether its the amazing redemption prices or its slew of partners.
Although its a relatively complex program, there is still so much value to be had when redeeming ANA miles for flights to Australia. ANA offers excellent redemption rates with tons of sweet spots and an awesome stopover/open jaw allowance. Lastly, there are loads of ways to earn ANA miles, which rounds out the reasons why you want to consider redeeming ANA miles for flights to Australia.
ANA has 2 main award charts:
- ANA-operated flights, which are subject to low, regular, and high season prices
- Partner-operated flights, which do not have seasonality pricing
With All Nippon Airways, you can only redeem for round-trip tickets one-way tickets are not allowed. If you can avoid booking one-way tickets, ANA offers some excellent business class pricing. Heres the partner award chart for round-trip tickets:
|Class of Service|
The 2 main carriers offering nonstop flights that youll want to book to Australia using ANA miles are:
- United Airlines
- Los Angeles Melbourne
- San Francisco Melbourne
- San Francisco Sydney
Total taxes and fees will usually run you at around $10-$50 for United Airlines and Air Canada, which is amazing.
Here are some great example redemptions you can make:
Don’t Miss: Party Lofts For Rent In Chicago