All Classes And Camps Are Following Cdc Guidelines
- Continued COVID-19 Precautions:
- Indoor/ Outdoor camp options
- No-touch activities
- Masks are recommended for unvaccinated individuals but optional for all
- Classes are 5-minutes shorter to allow more transition time between classes to avoid crowding and proper cleaning of high touch surfaces.
- Please stay home if not feeling well. Flexible make-up class policy.
- If you have any additional questions, please contact the EvOLvE office via email. Thank you! Last Updated: June 2021
Tap & Ballet Combo Dance Class Descriptions
Magical Munchkins Combo Class
This gentle intro dance class including tap, ballet, tumbling and dance games is energetic, expressive, and fun. It will have your magical dancer learning the dance basics in an age appropriate way. Classes start with tap and then transition into ballet each week. This Chicago class is a perfect transition between YOU& me and the Tiny Movers dance class for boys and girls. Parent presence required as parents participate as needed. See parent expectations and dance class etiquette. Dancers must be at least 24 months prior to the session starting. See Annual Spring Recital Info.
Tiny Movers Combo Class
A combination dance class of tap and ballet with tumbling and dance games for kids. This energetic and expressive class will have your Tiny Mover learning basic dance and motor skills, musicality and rhythm to reach class goals in fun creative ways. Classes start with tap and then transition into ballet each week. This is the first big girls and boys class as parents watch from outside of the room. Dancers are welcome to join throughout the year. Class is designed to be progressive, continuing throughout the year until the annual spring recital. See dress code. *If you are not staying near-by during class, dont forget to sign-in your dancer with the teacher in case of an emergency.
Hip Hop Dance Class Descriptions
Bitty Boppers Hip Hop Class
Calling all Bitty Boppers! This dance class is a fusion of basic hip hop and creative movement to get all the dancing wiggles out. Through creativity, the dance class focuses on kids muscle development, coordination, and musicality! Parent presence required since parents participate as needed. Dancers must be at least 24 months prior to the session starting. Great for boys and girls! Dancers should wear comfortable clothing they can easily jump around in and clean gym shoes/ sneakers. See Annual Spring Recital Info
Beat Breakers Hip Hop
This fun, high-energy kids dance class enables boys to be boys and girls to let loose while developing creativity, coordination, musicality, and listening skills. Activities include hip hop, basic break dancing, and dance games in a non-stop action-packed class that will have you movin to the beats! All music and moves are age appropriate. Dancers encouraged to participate in the annual spring recital . See dress code. *If you are not staying near-by during class, dont forget to sign-in your dancer with the teacher in case of an emergency.
Pre-Teen & Teen Hip Hop
Recommended Reading: How To File For Divorce In Chicago
Registration Details For Kid’s Dance Class
- Although payment is organized in semesters or sessions, classes are designed to be progressive and ongoing throughout the year. Simply re-register session to session.
- If paying at the front desk, credit cards, check or exact cash are accepted.
- Please note that the City recreation center does not prorate if registering for the dance class late. Take advantage of our flexible make-up policy if you missed a class at the beginning of a session.
- A dancer’s spot in the dance class is only secured with payment as enrollment is first come, first served through the San Diego recreation center. No dancer can participate in a class without payment. You must re-register your dancer from session to session to secure their spot in the progressive dance class.
- Q& A – Additional Dance Lesson Policies – Including Class Make-Up Policy
Commercial Hip Hopwith Jonny
Commercial Hip Hop is a collaborative, fun and engaging style of dance!. Its a comprehensive, integrated approach to the professional dance world, styled for stage, film and television opportunities. Its very upbeat and entertaining, taking influences from traditional hip hop, but heavily mixed with jazz funk, voguing, popping and more. Its a strong, sexy, high energy style inspired by movements you would see on tv, stages, and in music videos and performances. Focused mainly on choreography and stylistic technique, its a bridge between hip hop culture and mainstream media.
Musical Theatre Dancewith Jessica Palkovic
This is the kind of dancing you would see in a Broadway show. Musical Theatre can encompass many styles. Just think of the difference between the choreography in Hamilton vs. West Side Story vs. Chicago the Musical! Although Broadway choreography can be very different stylistically, Musical Theatre Dance does have strong roots in jazz dance. Each week we will do a warm up, jazz technique, and then follow it with a fun dance combination either from a musical or in the musical theatre style.
Recommended Reading: Cheap Cars For Sale In Chicago
Dance Classes For All Levels
Loosen Up Your Buttons & Let Your Hair Down
Have you ever thought “where are adult hip hop dance classes near me?”
Every hip hop class for adults is a non-stop one hour dance party. We include a full stretch and warm-up, as well as a complete cool down.
Dancing isnt just about your arms and legs. Its about working every move.
All our hip hop dance lessons for adults instruct ladies to put your own stank on it with hair-eography and facial expression instructions.
Come Dressed to DanceYou will work up a sweat in our hip-hop dance class. Sneakers or barefoot. Yoga pants or running shorts. We dont care what you wear, just dress to dance.
So Fresh & So CleanWhile most of our studios have areas to freshen up, we dont have showers available. Amenities vary per location.