Upstairs At The Gwen Terrace At The Gwen A Luxury Collection Hotel Chicago
For a sophisticated rooftop space that makes glamour look laid back and relaxing
- The Gwen, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Chicago puts Chicago on the map as a destination spot for luxury and sophistication with state-of-the-art amenities, glamorous Art Deco architecture, and historic details
- Upstairs at The Gwen Terrace turns a cocktail hour or social celebration into a memorable experience with cozy firepits, sleek furnishings, and vibrant city views that turn into a jeweled dreamscape coming evening
- We appreciate how this outdoor space creates a laid back retreat high above the bustle of the city where guests can indulge in artfully crafted cocktails and delicious shared bites
- The Gwen, a Luxury Collection Hotel offers multiple event spaces for events, including two luxe ballrooms with accommodations for up to 200 seated guests
- Perfect for cocktail hours, milestone birthday parties, corporate gatherings, and intimate dinner parties
The Gwen, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Chicago
What Are The Most Sought
Chicago is one of the most popular cities in the US. With its population of 3.8 million people, it is home to numerous event venues for all types of events – from intimate weddings to large conferences. There are so many choices when it comes to finding an event venue for your event in Chicago, but some are easier than others depending on your specific needs. Here are some of the most sought-after event locations in Chicago:
Can I Host An Event By The Water In Chicago
Lake Michigan is one of the citys vital features. Chicago neighborhoods located along its shore boast a plethora of event venues, some of which even offer lake views. Popular areas with lake access include Lincoln Park, Near North Side and Hyde Park, among others. If youre planning an outdoor event, the lakeside also boasts stunning parks, beaches and open fields with sweeping city views. But, lets not forget about the river! If youre looking for a restaurant with water views, definitely check out the ones located along the famous Chicago Riverwalk.
Read Also: View From Chicago Theatre Seats
South Shore Cultural Center
7059 S South Shore Dr, Chicago, IL 60649
The South Shore Cultural Center is cultural facility that has been recognized as a Chicago Landmark . Those who built this fabulous facility understood that entertaining can be a fine art.
The country club-like interior, grandiose ballrooms, cascading chandeliers, meeting rooms, and stunning art gallery make hosting here exceptional. Most of the facility has been recently updated and renovated to restore the Cultural Center back to its original decor.
Stage a small convention, honor employees, or throw the party of a lifetime!
Top this with a nine-hole golf course, lighted tennis courts, and views of the lake, and it’s easy to see why this site is incomparable.
Layoff Leads To Startup By Lisa Holtonentrepreneur Taps Severance For Meeting Space
Right before Labor Day 2002, Quaker Oats Co. marketing executive Eva Niewiadomski got the news: After surviving waves of layoffs since PepsiCos 2001 acquisition of Quaker, she was out. The place had changed, she says. I was ready to go and start something new.
But what the CPA-turned-product development executive did next is something few furloughed workers would consider in the midst of a recession: She put every dime of her severance and a second mortgage on her house into launching her own business.Her year-old company, Catalyst Ranch, is positioned to be an antidote to mind-numbing meeting space. Located at 656 W. Randolph St., the 9,000-square-foot loft is separated into three meeting spaces splashed with color and stocked with toys, antique furniture, even a large hammock.
Her total investment was $115,000 but after 15 months, the business is profitable.
While I was working at Quaker, I always found it a challenge to find space that was comfortable and interesting space that was fun and would fuel peoples imagination, she says.
Passion is a powerful motivator for entrepreneurs, but it must partner with an intelligent business plan and a reasonable amount of start-up capital. Downsized executives who want to launch a company should poll former clients, vendors and others for insights.
The business employs five. She paid off the last of her loans last spring and has paid herself back all but a small amount of her own investment.
Don’t Miss: City Of Chicago Parking Sticker
The Tiffany Foundation Celebration Garden
344 E Balbo Ave, Chicago, IL 60605
In 2008, The Tiffany & Co. Foundation awarded Parkways Foundation a $1.25 million grant for the transformation of Grant Park’s south rose garden into a formal garden and event space adjacent to Buckingham Fountain. Visitors to the garden, which was designed by Douglas Hoerr of Hoerr Schaudt Landscape Architects, will process down a ceremonial promenade bordered by an abundance of colorful blooms, hanging vines, and shaped evergreens.
Visitors to the garden will be surrounded by nearly 12,000 plants, including 270 blooming trees and shrubs, 95 cascading vines, 3,000 spring bulbs, and 7,600 annuals and perennials with white, soft pink, burgundy, purple and silver blossoms.
The garden highlights views of the city’s most beloved treasures: Buckingham Fountain, Lake Michigan, and the stunning view of Museum Campus.
How Much Does It Cost To Rent An Event Space In Chicago
The cost of renting an event space in Chicago ranges from $1200 to $4000. Factors such as size, location, and amenities will all affect the rental price. The cost of renting a venue typically depends on the size and type of event you want to host:
- Smaller events: Room rentals start at around $400 per day and can go up to $1000 per day with additional services like audio or lighting.
- Larger events: Room rentals start at around $6500 per day with additional services.
- Events with multiple rooms: Venue rentals start at around $12000 per day.Renting an event space in Chicago can be expensive, but there are ways that you can save on this cost. One of which is by renting at a non-traditional venue. For example, if you are hosting your event outside, you could rent out a field or use mobile space heaters or portable heaters to provide heat for your guests instead of using the more expensive facility heating system.
Don’t Miss: Chicago Electric Boat Company Promo Code
Why Should You Rent Less Popular Small Party Venues
It’s no secret that the most hyped venues are more expensive than new venues, especially in high-end neighborhoods like Old Town or Greek Town. Therefore, if youre planning to host a special event without splurging, you could reserve spots in less popular neighborhoods that offer unique settings along with more catering facilities or amenities. Consider budget-friendly venues in less expensive neighborhoods such as Austin or South Chicago, where the cost of living is significantly lower than in other parts of Chicago! But keep in mind that it’s all about compromise! You may always allow yourself to spend more on the venue and skimp on things like entertainment because you’re planning a small event, or the other way around! It all hinges on the event’s goal as well as your budget.
Pros And Cons Of Events In Chicago
Before you settle on a Chicagoevent space, consider the pros and cons of hosting a gathering in the city.
- Event venue varietyThere are lots of beautiful and unique event spaces in Chicago that will suit any type of vibe and crowd you want to invite. Take your pick from the eclectic art galleries of River North, the grand ballrooms in Hyde Park for special events, and the historic buildings of Gold Coast.
- Tons of attractionsThe city is home to fun excursions and interesting attractions for guests to enjoy. Try heading over to Navy Pier or the Lincoln Park Zoo for a fun-filled afternoon for kids, or dine in the famous restaurants of Fulton Market and West Loop for a unique meal.
- Gorgeous weather The spring, early summer, and early fall temperatures are comfortable and ideal for outdoor gatherings. Take advantage of these times of the year to enjoy the all the attractions Chicago offers!
- Lodging optionsChicago hotel and accommodation options are abundant. Event attendees should have no trouble finding a place to stay here. The great part is that most hotels can also double as wedding venues, private event spaces for corporate events, or even as party venues for special occasions!
- Vendor choicesChicagos home to an array of event professionals who can help you execute excellent birthday parties, business meetings, or corporate events.
Also Check: Best Wedding Planners In Chicago
Event Size: 250 & Under
Where: LoopCapacity: 200 standingVibe & features: When they say elevated modern they mean it. R29 is perched on the 29th floor, with sweeping views of the Loop. The atmosphere is lounge-esque, with low-slung sofas, fireplaces, and moody lighting that allow for the floor-to-ceiling windows to do the real wowing.
Hosted A Holiday Work Party For 100+ People Here And Was Blown Away
I organized our work holiday party here for 100+ people, and I was blown away. The food, drinks, and service were all amazing. The bar staff was especially helpful in keeping me up to date with our groups bar tab. The food DELICIOUS. This is legitimate satisfying food, not just bar food our group loved the Mac and cheese cups and steak sliders. Everything was transparent from the start.
Special thanks to Rachel, who was wonderful at helping us coordinate our event from the beginning, very responsive to emails and phone calls and helpful in accommodating our groups needs. We had a beautiful private space as well with our own large bar. I Not to mention, they have fire pits and a yurt would highly recommend this spot for a large event.
Review, Via Yelp – Poornima O., Dayton, OH
I recently hosted an event at Park & Field and it was absolutely amazing experience. Service was phenomenal, we had roughly about 15 people in our party and the server went above and beyond to make sure everyone was taken care of. She was absolutely impressive. The food was delicious and the drinks were on point. I was overwhelmingly impressed at the quality and everything came out timely. Highly recommend the steak sliders and the buffalo chicken tenders to share.
Gigi A., Chicago, IL via Yelp
Read Also: City Of Chicago Rental Assistance
The Rooftop At Torali At The Ritz
For a lush rooftop space that offers Gold Coast luxury in one of Chicagos most renowned hotels
- The Ritz-Carlton, Chicago reinvents luxury in Gold Coast Chicago with state-of-the-art equipment, five-star amenities, and opulent architectural details
- The Rooftop at Torali combines modern and rustic elements for a cozy soirée where guests can savor craft cocktails and small bites
- We appreciate how this rooftop space evokes a secret garden vibe with a rustic wooden canopy and lush floral arrangements for much-needed escape from bustling city life
- The Ritz-Carlton, Chicago boasts seven events spaces that include an awe-inspiring ballroom with unique architectural details and greenhouse-style café with accommodations for up to 150 guests
- Perfect for summer weddings in Chicago, cocktail hours, milestone birthdays, and baby showers
The Ritz-Carlton, Chicago
You’re Viewing Chicago Event Venues
When searching for party venues in Chicago, it can be tough to decide on the best spot in The Windy City. From restaurants to lofts and warehouses to gardens, you can browse over 400 Chicago event venues here on The Bash. Event spaces in Chicago are available to be booked for private parties, weddings, corporate events, and more. Explore the various Chicago venues listed and youll be able to find the perfect event space in Chicago for your upcoming event.
Please note these Event Venues may also be located in Cicero, Oak Park, Berwyn, Stickney, Riverside, River Forest, Forest Park, South Suburban, Hines, Lyons, Elmwood Park, Hometown, Broadview, Stone Park, Summit Argo, Burbank, Summit, Brookfield, Maywood, River Grove, La Grange Park, Park Ridge, Harwood Heights, Bellwood, Melrose Park, Westchester, Lincolnwood, Evergreen Park, Mc Cook, Franklin Park
Read Also: The University Of Chicago Acceptance Rate
Modern Venues For Small Events
Every meeting planner knows that when it comes to venues, one size does not fit all. For smaller events especially, finding a space thats not too big yet not too small can be a serious challenge. Why settle for cavernous banquet halls or cramped boardrooms when Chicago has some ideal in-betweens?
Below is our guide to smaller meeting spaces that will wow your attendees with modern design, unbeatable location and state-of-the-art functionality.
Event Space Rental Near Chicagos South Side
The Charles A. Hayes Family Investment Center is a Chicago South Side location that is proud to offer a variety of spaces available for events to help bring our community together and provide necessary services.
At our location, we offer conference rooms and the skylight conference room for meetings, with comfortable seating, as well as a multi-purpose room for just about any occasion. We also have a computer lab space to accommodate technology training needs.
To make a reservation for event space rental contact us, or call at 786-6986 with any questions.
You May Like: Channel 7 News Chicago Breaking News
What Are The Benefits Of Renting An Event Space In Chicago For A Company
Chicago is also home to many event venues that are available for rent. These popular venues are not only perfect for hosting company events but are also great places for hosting parties or other types of gatherings. Benefits of renting an event space in Chicago include:
What Are Some Of The Best Party Venues For A Small Event
There’s no better place to hold a party than Chicago, where you’ll discover a plethora of exciting and unique venues at reasonable rates, even in the city’s most upscale neighborhoods. With venue rental prices starting at around $25 per person, you can truly have the time of your life at your upcoming event! Whether you live in the city or are planning a trip to Chicago, there are a variety of unique venues to choose from. Here are a few ideas to help you out:
Back rooms or upstairs rooms for a unique experience
Restaurants for a stress-free event
You don’t like pubs or bars? Why not rent a restaurant to create an intimate atmosphere? If you’re searching for a stress-free gathering, restaurants are excellent. You may host any type of event in such a place, from a 50th birthday celebration to a Christmas celebration. If you’re planning to create a dining experience for your guests, consider options with tasteful decor and gourmet meals. You can always rent a restaurant with a private room or semi-private room for the most intimate experience!
Gardens for unique event experiences
Recommended Reading: Condos For Sale Andersonville Chicago
Event Planners In Chicago
Enlist the help of one of Chicagos event planners to take the guesswork out of planning your gathering.
Paulette Wolf Events
This Chicago event planner offers full-service planning for commercial and social events. They can help you execute your dream event with the help of the citys best vendors.
This boutique event coordinator specializes in weddings and corporate galas. Shannon Gail has created stylish, unforgettable events for companies and has been featured on popular event and wedding sites like Style Me Pretty and The Knot.
LK Events plans corporate and social events as well as weddings and elopements. They help their clients turn Chicagoevent venues into stylish settings that will keep guests talking for years.
What Is The Ideal Duration To Rent An Event Space In Chicago
Whether you are hosting a large or small event, make sure you think about the duration of your event before hiring an event space in Chicago. Here are some important factors to consider:
- How many people will be attending?
- The size of your venue will determine?
- How much money do you need to spend on rent?
- What kind of events will take place? If you have a specific theme for your event,\ then renting a space with similar amenities may work best for you.The ideal duration to rent an event space in Chicago would be four to six weeks, this gives you enough time to plan your event and attract guests accordingly. If your event is shorter than a month-long, consider renting a smaller venue instead.
Don’t Miss: Flights From Abq To Chicago
What Are The Most Important Things To Consider Before Booking An Event Space In Chicago
- Budget The first step is to figure out your budget. Once you do that, use Tagvenues filters to browse Chicago venues that fall within your price range.
- Number of guests This information will help you choose the venue with the perfect capacity and avoid overspending on a space thats too big.
- Location Which Chicago neighborhood are you interested in? Are you looking for a specific type of vibe? Remember to pick a location that will be convenient for your guests consider its accessibility, the availability of parking spaces and the proximity to public transport hubs.
- Facilities Make a list of all necessary facilities and equipment to ensure your event runs smoothly, e.g. a kitchen, AV equipment, WiFi, etc.
- Food and drinks Last but not least, take care of the catering. Do you prefer on-site catering or would you rather bring your own food and beverages? Remember to always check in with your venue manager to learn about their policy and avoid surprises!